4/5/18 Progress Report

I am some 30k into my next book, which is low. I think it’ll be really, really good, but time will tell how correct I am in that assessment. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that I’m not sure if I should (after it is done, edited, and whatnot) just fire it out, or try and maaaaaybe submit it to a couple agents first. Maybe shoot for a big publisher? If I choose to attempt this route, it may significantly delay the release date, especially if I somehow succeed in selling it. The jury is still out on that.

“A publisher?” I hear you ask. “In the age of self-publishing?” Well, yeah. In this oversaturated market, the prestige that comes with getting published by one of the big five is no small thing. Not to attempt it now, when I am starting something new, would be foolish.

That’s still just a thought for now, mind you. I may even apply for Kindle Scout, which is about the only way I would ever be willing to put my work into KU again. Scout pays nicely, and the boost it gives new releases is all but unfair. Combined with my back catalogue, it would all add up significantly.

Just some musing on my part.

Stay brutal.
M. T Miller

This entry was posted in News.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s